History of the farm
The house was built in 1768 and has been under the ownership of the Schifferegger family since 1891, where it has been continuously renovated. We have managed the hotel since 2009. We are Toni, Michaela, Kilian, Elias and Valentina.
The stalls are currently home to around 50 dairy cows and 90 young cattle. We operate both a dairy and meat business. Since 2015 we have been the proud owners of chickens. Amongst the hares and the guinea pigs, the animals are very much at home in their outdoor enclosure.
You can visit the stalls (between around 5pm and 6pm) to find out more about everyday life on the farm.
We use wood chips to heat our farmhouse (renewable energy). The wood is sourced from our very own forest, and is dried and then cut into pieces using a chipper.
During the summer months the young animals roam our Hochalm pastures which are located at a height of 2,000 metres and set up in 2006.